HISTORIC MAIN BUILDING
Shared Bath Rooms in the Historic Main Building If you just need a cozy spot to tuck yourself in at night, after a day out and about, these simple rooms are for you. They are small but incredibly charming and affordable for an Orcas Island vacation. These rooms are pretty "no frills", but we don't skimp on the hospitality and you get the same amazing location right in the heart of the island for easy exploring and adventures.
***The Historic Main Building is pet-free. We only allow pets in specific rooms in the East Wing. Please call us for availability at (360)376-2200.
The Historic Main Building is a grand old dame and an Orcas Island landmark. "She" was built in 1888 by William Shattuck and originally served as the jail, post office, general store, dance hall and house of ill repute (or so the rumor goes). In the 1970's it was the only building on the property and was home to a spiritual commune - The Louis Foundation - complete with guru, famous celebrity followers, and plenty of controversy.
Now it provides lodging to a modern crowd but its history can be felt beneath your feet and in your heart, if you let it. The floors are wavy from settling around the 125 year old stone fireplace on the first floor and just like a fairy godmother who lives forever, she continues to welcome, comfort, and bless those that visit her.
- Rooms share bathrooms located in the hallway
- Each hallway has a men's bathroom, women's bathroom, and private shower
- Cozy, charming, and affordable.
- Telephones in each room however no television.
- Free Wi-fi and parking.
- We don't allow children under 4 years of age in the Historic Main Building due to the age of the buildings sound proofing...in our experience those cute little feet just march to the beat of their own drum and sometimes sing to it too. This is the only building with age restrictions.
Looking for something with just a little more? Check out the East Wing.
Or maybe a room with heated towel racks and floors?