We know that marriage isn't just about the party ... but the party is pretty important. We know a wedding symbolizes the beginning of a profound adventure of the heart and every adventure is unique. And planning an event to celebrate this great love, well it's nothing less than stressful. But we're here to help.
Our wedding team knows all about planning weddings, we've each had our own.
Special Event Chef Madden Surbaugh arrived to a sandy Shaw Island beach to tie the knot barefoot. Pork tacos (the best you ever tasted) and tubs of beer and champagne sweated drops of casual bliss in the shade. If you think they lacked formality, you don't know about the Dom Perignon that was opened with a special champagne saber (no joke!).
Our Special Events Coordinator, Maggie, helped her best friend Megan, to create a garden party wedding for 200 people that was small in budget and big on style. A shabby chic wedding in her parents spacious yard, complete with mismatched custom stamped napkins she made herself, china and silver she collected the entire year prior and for favors the family recipe and ingredients for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in mason jars (with raisans for the groom without for the bride).
Our wedding party of 200 spilled from the Victorian Room into the dining room and lounge, under the big walnut tree and into the tent. We gave Old Fashioned Butter Mints made from my grandmother's recipe as favors and were serenaded with "From This Moment" by Celine Deon by my sister-in-law Emily. I know, I know...Celine Deon elicits a lot of eye rolling, but on your wedding day corny is just...beautiful.
All of these events were amazing and we each had hurdles and str
ess to overcome. From rain on an outdoor wedding, to divorced parents bumping heads, to parents who had passed on and couldn't attend the wedding, to wrestling a beer budget into champagne flutes. There are all the practical details of planning and there are your real life dreams for what the day will look, smell, sound but most of all feel like.
We've been in your shoes.
We want to help get you from the planning to the celebration with grace, confidence and ease.
Our role might be to provide the catering, venue and rooms for your guests, but what makes us tick is seeing you year after year as you build the marriage of a lifetime - and knowing we helped in a small way to send you off on your own love story. It's not over when the wedding's done, it's just beginning.
If you want more information about weddings at the Outlook Inn fill out the form below below and we'll be in touch within 24 hours.
Owner, CEO & Adam's Bride
We offer the following services:
- 40 guest rooms accommodating up to 100 guests in the heart of Eastsound
- Catering in the Victorian Room onsite for up to 60 guests
- Catering at the nearby Oddfellows Hall for up to 140 people
- Full Bar with professional bartenders
- See the Victorian Room with our panoramic tour...
An Outlook Inn wedding lets your guests get the most out of their Orcas Island experience. Why?
- Within steps of coffee shops, bookstores, cafes, galleries, and shopping
- "Best Breakfast on Island", Happy Hour, and Dinner served in our onsite restaurant the New Leaf Cafe
- Lawn games, DVDs, books and board games all available for FREE to our guests.
- Parking - FREE
- Wi-Fi - FREE
- Full service location so your guests don't have to worry about transportation once they arrive in Eastsound
- Kayaking and bike rentals within walking distance
- Seasonal shuttle from the ferry operated by San Juan Island Shuttle
TeamWedding.com™ - Home of Top Washington Wedding Planning Sites